<xmp> <body> </xmp> BWFC Down Under - Can we? should we buy Diouf?
Click for BWFCDU Forum Index Page

Good Morning Guest. Please Login or Register.

18 May 2024 at 11:59
(Adjust in your profile if required.)

18 May 2024 at 06:59 GMT

Home Board Index | Help Help | Search Search | Calendar Calendar | Login Login | Register Register | Home Page Home Page  
BWFC Down Under « Can we? should we buy Diouf? »

BWFC Down Under
   Club Stuff
   What's Happening?

Can we? should we buy Diouf?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply |  Notify of Replies Notify of Replies |  Send Topic Send Topic |  Print Print
   Author  Topic: Can we? should we buy Diouf?  (Read 2679 times)    
StarRebel 
Broiler
Australia  Perth Australia WA

Perth Glory .. Back to Back Champions

View Profile | Email | 

Can we? should we buy Diouf?
« on: 16 Mar 2005 at 15:30 »
IP Logged

Quote Quote

Liverpool have put £4m price on Diouf.  If they don't get it, he'll return as a super sub.

Personal opinion; let him go and use the money elsewhere.

AKA Margo
http://www.gloryshed.com.au/

Re: Can we? should we buy Diouf?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Mar 2005 at 12:21 »
IP Logged

Quote Quote

At £1.5 to £2m i'd say ok but @ £4-5m is too much. Pity he adds a spark to the team.

The Wanderer from Down Under.

Freddie_Hill 
Broiler
Australia  Ballarat VIC

STAND UP if you hate Man. Utd.

View Profile | WWW | 

kevopey 
Full Blown White
Australia  Sydney NSW

I love TripodYaBB Gold SP1.1!

View Profile | Email | 

« Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2005 at 02:43 »
IP Logged

Quote Quote

Let him go back to Liverpool , then next year we get him on loan again , simple init ,  

« Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2005 at 03:00 »
IP Logged

Quote Quote

Four to five million quid would be suicidal for us - not that the board would throw that money at a single player anyway, regardless of his chances of playing more than 20 - 30% of his allotted games.

The term 'loose cannon' was made for this bloke.  Even if we do extend the loan period (fat chance, Kev) or sign him, there would have to be a penalty clause built into any contract or understanding he signed.  This, of course, would be related to his on and off field antics.

I have no doubt that he is a footballer of many skills and has made a significant difference to our team. He is also a friggin' idiot. Someone on another site pointed out the fact (I haven't checked it) that when he was suspended for the spitting incident was coincident with our losing streak over the December period and that when he returned full time we came out of that slump.

I really, really, don't know.  I think his presence on the field is a bonus to us and, thus, if we ignore the negative press and the games he loses for us due to his brain storms, then sign him - but not at the inflated price L'pool has suddenly whacked on him.  I also am aware that the Pool paid big money for him but, by the same token he didn't fit in with their team setup.

I'd accept, say, a one million pound signing on fee with a kick-on payment when, and if, he leaves us.  I still can't see the board lashing out for a million quid player who could well turn out to be a liability.

Heads I win
Tails you lose

Admin 
Administrator
Australia  Nr. Sydney, NSW

Hic!
Dujon2774 
View Profile | WWW | Email | 

Egan 
Egg
Australia  Golden Bay WA

I Love TripodYaBB!
chrisegan@westnet.com.au 
View Profile | Email | 

« Reply #4 on: 25 Mar 2005 at 02:24 »
IP Logged

Quote Quote

Isnt it funny, we give the player a go we pay a loan fee and in the process we increase the price for an asset. Watch he will do crap all at Liverpool.  

Diouf has played his best football in England for the mighty Wanderers...If we get into the Champions League, money will be flowing into the coffers, we may just keep him...we need someone like Diouf for Europe, I am confident we should get in Smiley

« Reply #5 on: 26 Mar 2005 at 22:45 »
IP Logged

Quote Quote

When hes playing for us , i think we are more stronger up front , and more likely to score more than one goal , BUY HIM , we'll get our money back in the long run ,,

kevopey 
Full Blown White
Australia  Sydney NSW

I love TripodYaBB Gold SP1.1!

View Profile | Email | 

Allardyce_fan 
Broiler
Australia  Melbourne VIC

LE GOD   Nuff Said!!

View Profile | Email | 

« Reply #6 on: 17 Apr 2005 at 12:14 »
IP Logged

Quote Quote

I know liverpool have put the big price tag on his head but i deffentley cant see anyone paying that much for him not after all the trouble he has caused, but i reckon that will help us out him being in so much trouble because other clubs will not want him disrupting there club. We will end up paying 1-2m tops for him.  
And i agree he will be very handy if we qualify for Europe.

Youri Djorkaeff Will Always Be A Bolton Wanderer

Okocha Captain Magic!!

Were is your BIG CLUB now Michael Ricketts..... Enjoy Divison one life mate Smiley

COME ON THE MIGHTY WHITES

« Reply #7 on: 18 Apr 2005 at 15:05 »
IP Logged

Quote Quote

According to Gartside there will be NO change in the transfer policy meaning that Sam will be on a shoestring even if we make Europe.  Angry

Freddie_Hill 
Broiler
Australia  Ballarat VIC

View Profile | WWW | 

Egan 
Egg
Australia  Golden Bay WA

I Love TripodYaBB!
chrisegan@westnet.com.au 
View Profile | Email | 

« Reply #8 on: 19 Apr 2005 at 18:36 »
IP Logged

Quote Quote

So what happens if we retire all the debt.  

Surely Allardyce would be getting a little peeved...hopefully this doesnt mean that Allardyce just walks out of the club.  

Apparently you get a hell of alot of money to get into Champions League, have a 40 million pound debt, hopefully with money from Premier League and Europe we can retire it all the more.  

Looking forward to when were out of debt so we dont have to be on financial shoe strings Grin

« Reply #9 on: 20 Apr 2005 at 01:02 »
IP Logged

Quote Quote

The debt is down to £34million. IF we make the Champion's League then I think we should loosen the purse strings a little and get Diouf. I don't advocate spending bigtime like Leeds or we could really wind up down the pan financially.

Freddie_Hill 
Broiler
Australia  Ballarat VIC

View Profile | WWW | 

Pages: 1  Reply Reply |  Notify of Replies Notify of Replies |  Send Topic Send Topic |  Print Print
« Previous topic | Next topic »